Divine Arts GFX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Divine Arts GFX

Welcome to dA GFX!!! Please feel free to register, look around, and mingle with the members!!!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to dA forums!!!
Please stay active and invite friends!!!!

Photoshop Scanline tutorial

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Onehungrywater
Admin
Admin
Onehungrywater

Photoshop Scanline tutorial  Empty
PostSubject: Photoshop Scanline tutorial    Photoshop Scanline tutorial  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:15 am

Hey everyone, just thought i would share my knowledge of the making of a scanline with the forum.
And also as a side note, My print screen button would not work, and niether would fraps screenshots, so as of now no screens, so just try to follow along with the text happy

To begin with open photoshop and create a new document, make it any size you would like and the go to
window>workspace>motion

This will change the layout of PS to an animation setting. Now enter make a nice background for your scan line, create a new layer and enter your text. Feel free to spiffy up your text if you would like. Now create a new layer again and grab the rectangle select tool. Make a slim rectangle stretching from the top to the bottom of your image. Not this is your actual scan bar, either fill it in with a paint bucket or make it look a little more advanced. Once you have a nice scan bar, Hit Ctrl+X and your scan bar will dissappear. Now go back to your layer with the text and grab the magic wand tool. Set the setting to add to selection and click on every letter in your text. Once you have done this go into edit>paste special>paste into now you have your bar inside the text. After you have the bar in place go to the bottom of PS to the frames and add 3 frames. In frame 1 put the scan bar all the way to the left of the text. In frame 2 put the scan bar all the way to the right, and in frame 3 mimic frame 1 exactly. Now select frame 3 and hit the icon with 4 boxes. set the setting to 50 frames and hit ok. Once you do this go back to the beginning of the animation and do the same thing with frame 2. DO NOT DO THIS WITH FRAME 1! Now if you press play you will have your line, usually the line in the preview moves way faster than the final product. Now go to file>save for web & devices, and save the file. Now you have your scan line ready to go. Play around with different settings to get different effects. As i said i will upload pictures as soon as i can get a new screen cap program
Back to top Go down
The Admin
Admin
Admin
The Admin

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Scanline tutorial    Photoshop Scanline tutorial  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:48 am

hmmmm, if I were you I'd just link to a video. I already know how but that text walkthrough is tough man =/ :peyton:
Back to top Go down
https://divineartsgfx.forumotion.com
Onehungrywater
Admin
Admin
Onehungrywater

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Scanline tutorial    Photoshop Scanline tutorial  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:56 am

The Admin wrote:
hmmmm, if I were you I'd just link to a video. I already know how but that text walkthrough is tough man =/ :peyton:

I know, but i dont want to steal someones video, im working on getting a new screen record software, any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
The Admin
Admin
Admin
The Admin

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Scanline tutorial    Photoshop Scanline tutorial  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:00 am

hmmmm video or picture?

Video-Camtasia
Picture-IDK anything rly
Back to top Go down
https://divineartsgfx.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Scanline tutorial    Photoshop Scanline tutorial  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Photoshop Scanline tutorial
Page 1 of 1